The reliability and durability of the pipeline system directly depends on the quality and properties of the basic substance. The invention of poly propylene random copolymer (PP-RCT) was the result of the unique research. PP-RCT combines a number of valuable features, which make it the best selection for pressurized water and heating systems.
Long life. Deposits and corrosion don`t buildup on the surface, having direct contact with water. The internal pipe size does not reduce over time.
Preserving the purity of water. This material is absolutely non-toxic and chemical resistant (inert), and therefore does not affect the quality of the pipeline water, and absolutely has no rust release. Widespread use of polypropylene not only in the pipelines, but also for the packaging of various food products and ultra-pure preparations indicates the perfect hygienic characteristics of raw material.
Resistance to changing conditions. Polypropylene endures hight pressure and temperature drops. Due to the elasticity of the material, an important advantage of polypropylene pipes is as follows: water in the polypropylene pipes may freeze without destroying them. If water freezes in the polypropylene pipes and fittings, they are not destroyed, but only slightly increase in size and come back to the previous size after thawing. Polypropylene pipeline water supply system can withstand a certain amount of freezing / thawing. Basic normative document on polypropylene indicates that it is possible to do.
Low heat loss. PP-RCT systems are economical-to-operate, and their heat conductivity is much lower as compared with the metal pipes (heat economy up to 35%).
Noise & vibration damping capacity. PP-RCT systems maintain noise suppression much better as compared to the metal pipelines.
Convenient & fast installation. Installation of polypropylene pipes and fittings requires minimal skills, time and effort. Fusion welding method* allows to ensure a long- life tight joint for only a few seconds.
Low cost. Good value for money factor is achieved due to the low cost of raw materials and technological ease of installation. Furthermore, the durability of polypropylene plumbing compares favorably with metal plumbing (about 5 times).
Polypropylene pipes are light and easily moved and transported, therefore the handling charges are reduced. They are easy to install, and safe for the health ( no risk to get an injury), so that the total cost of the installation is lower than when you use pipes and fittings made of other materials ( carbon steel, cooper, PVC and etc.).
BENEFITS OF POLYPROPYLENE (РР) AS COMPARED WITH THE MAIN POLYMERIC MATERIALS
· 1. XLPE pipe can not be formed (molded) and welded, which is to say that in this case it is necessary to use expensive brass fittings. This is a great disadvantage of polyethylene and an important advantage of PPR in the water supply and direct hot water systems. Further, the manufacturing cost of polyethylene pipes increases sharply when manufacturing large diameter pipes. It is one of the reasons that in most cases the range of polyethylene pipes does not exceed a diameter of 32 mm. The manufacturing process is rather complex, and difference in prices suggests that polyethylene loses out competition with PPR .
· 2. Polybutylene is a widely used and tried-and true material, but it inferiors in price to polyethylene and PPR. Due to its very high price, it is considered as "Rolls Royce" material. Polybutylene, unlike PPR, is not received by direct extrusion, and this limits the number of manufacturers.
· 3. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a very specific material as compared to the PPR. This rigid material does not have sufficient heat resistance and is difficult to extrude. Recently, it is recognized that PVC is harmful to human health, because of chlorine in its composition.
· 4. Composite or laminated materials significantly inferior in price to PPR, they are very expensive, and that limits their use in certain markets and for certain applications.
· 5. Linear low density polyethylene has lower reliability during prolonged exposure to high temperature and pressure as compared to PPR.
CONCLUSION: Polypropylene (PP-RCT) is the most competitive material for our conditions as compared to copper, steel and other polymeric materials. Besides, its random copolymer family is the most suitable for cold and hot water supply systems (drinking water, heating, process pipelines, etc.).
We have 56 guests and no members online